Applications are now closed for the 2019-2020 school year. If you would like to learn more about future opportunities, please contact Jessa Heath.
The PathwayOregon Peer Advisor position provides support for PathwayOregon students and PathwayOregon professional advisors through programming, outreach, and administrative tasks. Position responsibilities include:
90% support advising and outreach efforts
- Conduct a high volume of phone and email outreach to PathwayOregon students
- Provide peer advising to first-year PathwayOregon students in a workshop setting
- Assume a leadership role during Week of Welcome & Peer Mentorship Training under the guidance of PathwayOregon staff
- Develop content for the Graduation Event in collaboration with campus partners and PathwayOregon advising staff
- Monitor the program’s email account
10% administrative support for PathwayOregon advising staff
- Provide additional support to PathwayOregon advisors as needed
Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned based on PathwayOregon program needs, as well as Peer Advisor interests and skills.
- PathwayOregon Award recipient (okay if not currently receiving funding)
- Work-study eligible
- Desire to build community for PathwayOregon students
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision with
- Reliability and Punctuality
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and represent PathwayOregon in a professional manner
The PathwayOregon Peer Advisor is paid $11.00/hr. and is expected to work 10 hours per week.
To be considered for the position, candidates must submit an application by Wednesday, June 12 2019.