PathwayOregon Peer Mentor Position
2019-2020 Academic Year
Applications are now closed for the 2019-2020 school year. If you would like to learn more about future opportunities, please contact Celena Simpson.
The PathwayOregon Peer Mentor position works closely with 1-10 PathwayOregon students to support their transitions to college and build community. Position responsibilities include:
- Attend mentor-mentee Kickoff Event
- Communicate with assigned mentee(s) throughout the term, meeting when appropriate
- Connect with other mentors and Peer Advisors for support
- Maintain a record of connections with mentees and file weekly reports
20% Training & Development
- Attend mentor trainings (Week of Welcome, and bi-weekly in-services Fall term)
- Provide feedback for program development
- PathwayOregon Award recipient (okay if not currently receiving funding)
- Desire to work one-on-one with first-year PathwayOregon students
PathwayOregon Peer Mentors will be paid $11.00 per hour and work approximately 5-7 hours/week during Fall term, with additional paid opportunities potentially available in Winter and Spring terms.
To be considered for the position, candidates must submit an application by Wednesday, June 12 2019, and attend mandatory training during Week of Welcome.