PathwayOregon Peer Mentor Position
2020-21 Academic Year
The PathwayOregon Peer Mentor position works closely with a small number of PathwayOregon students to support their transitions to college and build community. Position responsibilities include:
- Attend Week of Welcome Kickoff Event
- Communicate with assigned mentee(s) throughout the term, meeting when appropriate
- Connect with other mentors and Peer Advisors for support
- Maintain a record of connections with mentees and report to Peer Advisors
10% Training & Development
- Attend mentor trainings (Week of Welcome, and 2 In-Services in Fall term)
- Provide feedback for program development
- PathwayOregon Award recipient (okay if not currently receiving funding)
- Desire to work one-on-one with first-year PathwayOregon students
PathwayOregon Peer Mentors will be paid $12 per hour and work approximately 1-3 hours per week hours during Fall term, with additional paid opportunities available in Winter and Spring terms.
To be considered for the position, candidates must submit an application by Sunday, March 8, 2020.