PathwayOregon Peer Mentor Position
PathwayOregon, University Teaching and Learning Center
2017-2018 Academic Year
The PathwayOregon Peer Mentor position works closely with a small number of PathwayOregon students to support their transitions to college and build community. Position responsibilities include:
- Attend Week of Welcome Kickoff Event
- Communicate with assigned mentee(s) throughout the term, meeting when appropriate
- Connect with other mentors and Peer Advisors for support
- Maintain a record of connections with mentees and report to Peer Advisors
10% Training & Development
- Attend mentor training (Week of Welcome)
- Provide feedback for program development
- PathwayOregon Award recipient (okay if not currently receiving funding)
- Desire to work one-on-one with first-year PathwayOregon students
PathwayOregon Peer Mentors will be paid $10.25 per hour and work approximately 10-20 hours during Fall term, with additional paid opportunities available in Winter and Spring terms.
To be considered for the position, candidates must submit an application by Sunday, April 16th 2017, and attend training during week 4 or 5 of Spring term and Week of Welcome.
Applications are currently closed for 2017/18 positions.